[meteorite-list] OT Radiation Dose Chart

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:24:48 -0700 (PDT)

I would love ot go on the Chernobyl tour. The photographic opportunities look incredible. I'd be there in a minute if the chance arose.

Great chart. While I was looking it over my fiancee asked what I was looking at. I explained the various doses depicted on the chart and we once again discussed a the beautiful Thorium doped Aero-Ektar lens I have in the closet with other equipment. Even though she has a science background, she is still uncomfortable with the concept of radiation. I would never consider her scientifically ignorant but even explaining scales in the chart, the fact that the concrete in our walls irradiates us much more than this lens does, she still is not entirely comfortable with it packed away in the closet.

Sometimes logic, reason and understanding still get overwhelmed by emotion and fear. It is hard to overcome the Reptilian parts of our brains...

Very interesting chart. Thanks for posting the link. I'm glad they included bananas!

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography