[meteorite-list] Meteoritic chem-reaction book yet published ?

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:56:52 -0700

Hello List,

(This is, of course, is coming from a musician, entomologist and mycologist
by academics, with a dose of high passion for meteoritics thrown in, along
with a nice growing type-collection and a more-than-average-working
knowledge of meteoritic petrology...although nothing more along this
specific line accademically...) Here's my question:

Is there a book published with petrologic chemical equations defining
meteorite type?

It's my missing link. I've devoured all three of O. Richard Norton's books
(since my original RFS is so dog-eared and bent, I have a hard-bound copy of
an original; re-read my cherished CEM over and again) and as a proud owner
of Dante and Marvin's Color Atlas of Meteorites in Thin Section, among
others (hello Kevin again...great book btw)... have a semi-confident
neophyte knowledge (sort-of) of TS petrology....

....and yet, since I'm sorely lacking in any academic petrology, I'm hoping
there is a meteoritic-type publication out there that literally gives me the
equations for type designation, in sequence.

Perhaps I'm dreaming, but it is a good dream.

If not, this seems like a niche yet filled. Help!

-Richard Montgomery