[meteorite-list] "Great News" to eBay sellers.

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:14:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 3/16/11, fallingfusion at wi.rr.com <fallingfusion at wi.rr.com> wrote:

> Also, because we know buyers take into consideration the
> total cost of an item, also starting April 19, to encourage
> sellers to keep shipping costs low, the Final Value Fee will
> be applied to the total amount of the sale, INCLUDING
> SHIPPING."

That's a non sequitur.

The encouragement to keep shipping costs low is competition, not additional fees to the seller. It would be interesting to hear the two-step ebay needs to make to make these two things jive. My guess is smaller sellers get screwed and the larger sellers make special deals.

Nothing new under the Sun.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography