[meteorite-list] Historical notes

From: Mark's Meteorites <mark_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:13:00 +0000

I forgot to mention...

In common with the rest of my site, these documents can be translated on the fly by clicking on the national flags at the top of the page. It's not perfect, but it's readable. Thank you Google. If only it could do OCR on the facsimiles, and translate into English... we'll give it a few years :)

Added Aumale this evening. Who'd have guessed it was a hammer?

"A second of the same size fell at a place about twelve miles N. by E., in N. latitude 36? 27? E. longitude 3? 40?, which cut off branches from a shrub, excavated a hole 1 yard wide and 1 foot deep, and afterwards rolled down the mountain-side into a pathway, where it was found."

Mark