[meteorite-list] Not to worry. Nukes are good.

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:14:31 -0500

Hi Folks,

When local officials start handing out iodine pills and evacuating
everyone within a 20km radius, this peasant runs for the hills.

We have a nuclear power plant (Crystal River) near my home. I have
never worried about it, and I won't worry about it now. But I must
admit that I am worried for our friends in Japan. My stepson lived in
Fukuoka for a year and half while teaching English. He met many nice
people there and still has several friends who live there - some of
whom who has not been able to get into contact with.

I hope everything turns out OK. The Japanese, more than any people on
Earth, know the full effects of radiation exposure, and I am sure they
are taking this event very seriously. Let's all wish them luck in
getting this situation under control.

Best regards,

MikeG

--