[meteorite-list] Any Word from?

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:53:24 +0000

OMG!!!1!!!!111!
 Got a call from one of our "nerd herd" about 8 last
 night, telling us about the Japan earthquake. Tsunami alert followed
hot on its heels. The first wave was scheduled to roll in at 3 this
morning; we spent 5 hours battening the hatches, sandbagging the house,
and generally preparing to bug out. We left the house about 2 a.m.,
went up the mountain and found a parking spot. First wave passed with
no incident, wave #2 was substantial and rolled inland in several spots,
 with a few more sloshes to follow. To the N and S of us was somewhat
awash, but no water where our house was, thank heavens!

Returned downhill about 5:30, dozed briefly, then got on the phone and
told all the hench to stay home today, both at DH's and my workplace.
Fell into bed again, but the phone kept ringing about every half hour to
 45 minutes with people checking on us, just as we were about to fall
asleep each time! Gave up on sleep around noon and spend the next hour
unsandbagging the house, putting away the bugout stuff, etc. etc.

 I'm wiped!? The only good thing was how spectacularly clear the skies were at 5 a.m.? Lovely view of the Milky Way, the Southern Cross and the Centauris, when I am usually asleep.

Thank you all for your concern; my thoughts go out to the people of Japan who are in far worse straits at the moment.

Best!
Tracy Latimer