[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:35:11 -0500

Hi Mike and Gang,

Facebook is quickly turning into a nexus of meteorite activity.
Collectors, dealers, hunters, scientists, and curious onlookers.
It's also ripe for virtual outreach. I get questions almost every day
from people who know nothing about meteorites, and they are keen to
learn more. I try to answer the majority of them. Of course, there
are also more of the types who send messages like - "here is my new
lunar meteorite that I found in Utah, what is it worth and do you want
to buy it?" , and the message is accompanied by the obligatory
blurry-photo of a lump of hematite or a terrestrial conglomerate.
But all in all, it's a very good place to network and "meet" new
people who may later turn into collectors or hunters. And from a
dealer standpoint, Facebook is now mandatory. If you are a dealer,
and you do not have an active FB presence, then you are surely losing
potential sales. Used correctly, FB can be a lucrative marketplace
and it charges zero fees. :)

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com