[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:46:58 -0000

Hi List Members

I would just like to echo the views expressed here about the position of Mike farmer vis-?-vis Meteorite List membership. I personally would like to see Mike re-instated to the list. Our list should be an open forum where people of all races, creeds and nationalities can share there love and knowledge of meteorites. It should be a place where we can express ourselves freely, but responsibly without fear. It should not be a place for belly-aching or airing personal grievances, tempting though that is. Yes, I know I have been guilty of that myself - mea culpa!

I have met Mike a few times at Ensisheim and Munich and I he has always been unfailingly polite and gracious to me. More than that, however, I think that the list misses his huge store of knowledge and experience and we can all benefit from this.

If it comes to a vote I put my X beside Mike's name.

Best Wishes from snowy Scotland

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals
?
Department of Natural Sciences
National Museums Collection Centre
242 West Granton Road
Edinburgh? EH5 1JA
Scotland
Tel: 00 44 131 247 4283
E-mail: p.davidson at nms.ac.uk

Shining Lights, the story of Scotland?s lighthouses is now on at the National Museum of Scotland. www.nms.ac.uk/shininglights

National Museums Scotland, Scottish Charity, No. SC 011130
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.