[meteorite-list] wire saw cost (Benefits of the wire overblade?)

From: mail at mhmeteorites.com <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 02:54:25 +0000

I have a photo of a multi-wire saw we sometimes use on Kerfindustries.com (a business of mine). The one we own is a single wire saw that costs about 65k new.

Coolant can be either distilled water, distilled water with a surfactant (for wire longevity), alcohol (yes!!), mineral oil, or compressed air (difficult). The coolant is fed by a standard pond circulation pump into the saw and is recycled.
Matt
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites
http://www.mhmeteorites.com