[meteorite-list] wire saw cost

From: mail at mhmeteorites.com <mail_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 02:24:25 +0000

The optimal wire thickness for cutting stony meteorites to produce the straightest cuts and longest wire life is about 250 um (that includes the diamond coating on the wire). This is from my own experience. I can cut with 150 um wire, if needed. I stopped cutting irons and pallasites on the wire saw since it wasn't very cost effective for me or the customer. Plus they are a total pain in the butt.
Matt

Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites
http://www.mhmeteorites.com