[meteorite-list] Where is all the Murchison???

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:05:01 -0500

Hi Richard and List,

HOLY CARBOS BATMAN! That is a whopper of a Murchison!

If someone wants to buy that for me for my birthday, I will buy that
person a beer and a cigar. ;)

To answer your question - I don't know. The majority of Murchison
that I see is broken fragments that are less than 50g and tiny crumbs
in the <1g range. I rarely see individuals, and if I saw a complete
crusted pea of 1-2g, I would pounce on it and my cabinet would grow by
one.

Best regards,

MikeG

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com