[meteorite-list] Earth Rocks! (Was: Help with Ebay bidding)

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 01:54:59 -0800

Hello Eric, All,

I didn't forget it; I cut it out of my first paragraph. Whether or
not the matter itself is the same age, if one is paying $850/g for a
thick slice of a lunar meteorite or $1000/g for a thinner one, the
prices are still relative to each other, and the fact that the atoms
themselves were created in the supernova that created our solar system
is..a moot point. This was about the thickness of meteorite slices
and desirability/pricing, no?

I get what you're saying, and I agree with it, but I don't really get
how it pertains to this discussion.

That point would be relevant to a conversation about the irrationality
of high monetary values assigned to anything without real
practical/utilitarian value, but...that applies to all meteorites,
thick or thin. [Perhaps modern art, most of all...something I'll
never waste money on ; ]

Regards,
Jason