[meteorite-list] CI1 meteorites and cyanobacteria

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 15:19:38 -0600

Hoover is a serious scientist. Just Google his
name and you will find many publications.
His recent paper is an elaboration and deeper
analysis of work he has done for a decade:
http://journalofcosmology.com/Life100.html
(full article)

However, he published a similar study in 2004
and many others as well. As is always the case,
those disposed to accept, accept his conclusion,
and those who are disinclined to do so, remain
disinclined. But we are far from the word "proof."

"Proof" of life on another world will come when
we go there and find it. It will remain a controversy
until we see that picture in the National Geographic
of a spacesuited exobiologist holding high a capture
line on which thrashes about an unhappy denizen
of the Europan oceans, wriggling odd appendages
and snapping at the line.

That'll shut'em up.

Sterling K. Webb