[meteorite-list] Signing Specimen Cards

From: Mark Grossman <markig_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 11:57:57 -0500

Being an autograph collector, that's absolutely true. It's difficult to
verify a signature, even with several samples for comparison. People's
signatures do change slightly with age - sometimes more than slightly. And
people don't always sign an item the same way - for example, sometimes they
might put in an initial for a middle name, and sometimes not. Sometimes
they might abbreviate the first name with an initial, and sometimes not.

I was lucky with the writing on back of the specimen box that I mentioned
before. It was identified by the writer because of the type of ink used,
and the placement of the handwritten words, of which there were several.

The more writing on the card or COA, the easier it is to verify.

Mark

Mark Grossman
Meteorite Manuscripts