[meteorite-list] Meteorite Cards SUGGESTION

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 17:32:09 -0800 (PST)

Hey all,

As one who recently needed to come up with a design, I'm more of the opinion that cards reflect the personality of the person who produced it.

I had gone through Sergey's pages some time ago. Thanks Anne for posting the link.

For my own cards I went through the collection of cards I have accumulated building my own collection, picking out the four or five that had the features and details I wanted. Unfortunately none matched exactly the look I wanted. I put together what I wanted in Photoshop, but almost any graphics program would work just as well.

A common card might be nice for those that don't have the time or need to generate custom cards.

I do like the variety of cards. Each one reminds me of the dealer themselves. I'd go so far as to say the cards themselves are collectible too.

One last thing, Avery, the company that makes office supplies has software to help design (business) cards and has an online tool to assist in this too. Once on their site, http://www.avery.com follow the template and software advisor link on the left to find their various tools.

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography