[meteorite-list] Meteorite Cards - changing mass

From: Rob Lenssen <rlenssen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 22:11:41 +0100

Hi Mike and List,

Concerning Meteorite-Cards...

I like to have my stone-type meteorite slices sanded at one side and
polished at the other.
After buying slices, they typically arrive as-cut. So I have to sand and
polish them myself.

As you can guess, afterwards the mass doesn?t correspond to the mass on the
cards anymore.
Assume I would choose to sell a slice. Should I stripe the original mass,
and put a new figure (plus my name?) on
the original card (as I would choose to do), or should I make my own new
card, or choose even a different option?

What would be the best choice? Wonder if we could work out a preferred
approach here.

All the best,
Rob Lenssen
AsteroidChipping.com