[meteorite-list] Gary's gorgeous NWA 6575 diogenite

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 01:12:03 +0000

Gary wrote:

"I am very pleased to announce NWA 6575, ... a fresh specimen
with cataclastic texture...simply delicious with beautiful green
hypersthene crystals and metallic inclusions..."

Hi All,

The only diogenite in my collection that can compete with this
NWA beauty when it comes to freshness and translucent, green
hypersthene crystals, is my NWA 4302 diogenite from the Hup?s.
Both NWA 4302 and NWA 6575 look a lot like Johnstown,...only
much fresher!

Can hardly wait for my slice to arrive here and I'm surely looking forward
to a thin section of NWA 6575, which will make this a perfect "combo"!

Cheers,

Bernd