[meteorite-list] trans-topica vs. meteorites

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:42:09 -0800

Hi List....perhaps this will change the current mood and switch topics!

Somewhat similar to a recent thread, I want to mention the primary reason I
got into meteorites was to discover things I'd known nothing about; to also
have some ammo for the political debates surrounding climate-change claiming
that man-kind (and woman-kin) are in charge of what happens down here on the
planet...for me, meteorites and now knowing about impacts and potential
mass-extinctions-in-an-instant-of-time is more than enough evidence for me
to recognize that there is a missing element in the human-cause discussion.

No, this isn't a political topic...it is about meteorites.

Same with the primary function of this awesome List!

After all, my lack of knowledge about meteorites didn't mean they didn't
exist. (Unfortunately, this isn't the case for most people citing curly-cue
light-bulbs full of mercury, aerosol-cans, CO2, etc., as the primary cause
of environmental concerns.)

Is the sky falling, chicken little? YES!

-Richard Montgomery