[meteorite-list] Kosice Now Official Fall

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 22:00:42 -0400

Hi List and fall watchers,

Kosice is now official in the Met Bulletin -
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=53810

Feb 28, 2010 - H5 chondrite, TKW 4.3kg, Main Mass 2.2kg, Shock S3.

Above stats according to Met Bulletin entry.

With this new approval, 2010 now has 5 recognized falls, which is
right on par for the 10-year average of ~5 falls per year -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/falls

For more info on the statistical trends of falls between 2000 and 2010
(not yet updated), see here -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/20falls

Best regards,

MikeG

PS - it seems to me that we are overdue for another new recovered fall. :)

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com