[meteorite-list] The Apollo Moon Rock Collection

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:36:27 -0700 (PDT)

Cheers! I agree completely with your post! Even if we went to the moon today and retrieved a ton of rocks. They would still not be Apollo moon rocks. When I first visited the space center in Houston I was upset there were no display of all the moon rocks. they have capsules, space suites,rockets,landers, and lots of other stuff. all very cool! But the rocks are what they went to the moon to bring back. I felt like "ok I'm looking at a pot of paint used by picasso" it doesnt paint the picture!
Cheers
Steve Dunklee