[meteorite-list] AD : NWA 5884 - Diamond free Ureilite complete slice !

From: Fabien Kuntz <wwmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 02:12:14 +0100 (BST)

Hi List,

just come back from Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, for today a second and last AD, a
complete slice of my ureilite NWA 5884. This ureilite is virtually diamond free
(RAMAN spectroscopy), all the carbon is purely graphitic between the silicates.
You can see it as shiny parts between the olivines, on this page :

http://www.wwmeteorites.com/NWA5884.html

This ureilite is realy easy to cut, as a L chondrite ! I have cut several slices
with one standard diamond blade, and not used several blades for cutting one
slice...

Any questions, feel free to contact me !

Fabien

 Fabien Kuntz
M?t?orites (ventes, expertise, conf?rences)
Animation scientifique et technique
WWMETEORITES (Siret : 511 850 612 00017)
www.wwmeteorites.com