[meteorite-list] Stones with High Troilite, Low Metal

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:50:04 -0400

Hi List,

On rare occasion I have seen troilite nodules for sale, but not as
often as graphite nodules.

Recently, Ruben Garcia offered up a spectacular-looking graphite nodule.

As far as which mets have an abundance of troilite but little free
metal, I cannot think of any right off-hand.

If it's relatively-pure troilite you are after, you might check with
one of the big sellers of Campo (like Bob C.). I'm sure anyone who
has tons of Campo laying around might have a troilite nodule or two.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com