[meteorite-list] Fw: Warning about Lahcen Ait Ha

From: Jack Schrader <schraderj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:03:19 -0700 (PDT)

I too have been had by a dishonest Moroccan dealer I am embarrassed to say.? I
have have many good dealings with this person in the past slowly building a
trusting meteorite buying relationship.? This person also sent me a photo of a
meteorite that?I wished to buy, a very rare type.? When I received the stone, it
was a very obvious weathered?H chondrite and not the meteorite that I agreed to
buy and paid a great sum of money for.? This person has promised to send me
other meteorites to make up for the "mistake" but has not yet done so.? This has
been going on since November 2010.? I have instead gotten many "excuses", the
latest being the "border problems with Algeria do not allow for him to get the
stones" that I will accept to make up for the money owed to me as Moroccans
cannot send money out of the country.? I have been very patient with this person
but I will soon expose his name to the list in order to protect other buyers who
may fall prey to his scam.? I still hold a small glimmer of hope that he make
make this right but I am very doubtful at this point.? I have been patient with
this person for more than 8 months now but I am rapidly losing my patience and
hope that he will keep his many promises to me.? I will give this person one
more month to clear his name and reputation and then I will expose him to the
list for the thief and liar that he is in order to keep others from falling prey
to his dishonest scam.? If he makes good, then I will owe him my apologies.?

I have had and continue to have good dealings with no problems whatsoever with
the following dealers: Abdelfattah Gharrad, Abdelaziz Alhyane and?Ahmad
Bouragaa.? I would highly recommend these dealers as?I have dealt with them for
many years with no problems at all.? All very trustworthy men.? All it takes is
a couple of rotten Moroccans to give everyone a bad name though.

I, as Gary Fujihara does, ?hate to make negative posts but also feel it
necessary to expose the dishonest dealers to the list.? I will keep you posted
and I hope the list of bad Moroccan delears does not continue to grow.? These
are desperate times and the time to be all the more careful with our hard earned
money.? Be careful out there.?

Jack

?