[meteorite-list] Building Inspired by Meteorites

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:52:19 +0200

That's pretty cool indeed, Jan. Is the Campo already there? I couldn't find
it on the photos.

Btw. such kind of light performance was well known to the anonymous
architects of the medieval cathedrals:

"One of the oldest Gothic cathedrals in France is Chartres cathedral. This
cathedral is aligned to the summer solstice. On the summer solstice the Sun
shines through the window of ?Saint Apollinaire? with a depiction of the
Roman sun god Apollo and its rays fall straight on an iron nail in the floor
of the cathedral."
(see
http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/The%20mystery%20of%20the%20Cathedrals.html ,
with photo)