[meteorite-list] Currently used classification scheme - Divisions

From: Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:38:39 +0200

Hi Jim, Shawn, all

We had last Saturday in Ensisheim (meteorite show) a nice talk about
the Dawn mission. It was entitled:
"Vesta,Vestoids and HEDS: Waiting for Dawn."

It dealt with various issues, among which relationships between HED's
and Vesta, but also (and mainly) other Vestoids.

Perhaps you may want to contact our speaker, Vishnu Reddy (PhD &
research faculty at the Department of Space Studies, University of
North Dakota, presently member of the Dawn Framing Camera team at the
Max-Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Germany).

His research interests include compositional study of asteroids and
asteroid-meteorite links, and, in particular, studying the composition
of the surface of Vesta.

Vishnu is the (very kind end expertized) person who might want to tell
you more.

I can provide his direct mail contact on request, off list.
For general info on the Dawn mission and Vishnu's involvements, click
here and follow the links:

http://www.dawn.mps.mpg.de/index.php?id=21&L=1

Kind regards,

Zelimir