[meteorite-list] Important Message From the IMCA Board

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 02:26:39 -0400

Hi Jeff and all,

I'm sure that everyone is thinking what I am thinking, and that is, if
this individual was caught on these items, how many other items were
not caught up to now?

If I had dealt with this individual, I'd be asking if my other
specimens were authentic. Some items are easy to identfy while others
are not.

As I have pointed out in the past, some people continue to do business
with some of the known frauds. While not every piece may be
mis-represented, it is hard to tell and more and more bad specimens are
going to be floating in collections. If this becomes an epidemic,
collecting meteorites may become a think of the past.

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites