[meteorite-list] regarding post of NWA 001 question PLUS carelessIMCA member

From: Dan Furlan <danfurlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 08:29:05 -0400

No jeff, the only coincidence is that you would respond to me now
after ignoring me for several weeks and multiple attempts in
contacting you who is the vice president of IMCA and you who are the
one who told me to re-apply when i approached IMCA to ask for my
membership back.. and since you want to bring up my personal business
in the forum why not explain why my IMCA membership was revoked to
begin with.. i refused to refund somebody a lost package and that was
my policy i stated in my listing 5 years ago that if iyou do not pay
for insurance i cannot be responsible for lost packages as it was
costing me too much money to refund every single person who claimed
they lost a package. ?This year in 2011 i emailed IMCA to ask if i can
have my memership back and you yourself said i can re-apply and was
very helpful at first and told me i need to get 2 recoommendations. I
got 3 recommendations from Gary Fujihara, Jack Lacroix, and Brandon
Dunovant.. then when i asked to confirm if these recommendations came
in i got a response and then later i was completely ignored for
several weeks. ?Only after a few people contacted anne black in
regards to this matter did i get response o.k. so the intergrity of
IMCA is already in question in my mind. ?This issue i had with Bryan
Scarborough is 100% real and has nothing to do with me not getting my
membership and for you the vice president of IMCA to sit here and
accuse me of lying ?is ridiculous. ?I have all the emails from Bryan
Scarborough to prove this i have all the reciepts of the money i sent
him.. i have everything i need to make accusations... so because ?you
to ignored me for 3 weeks is the main reason why i did not bother
contacting you again about an IMCA member... i could care less about
the problems you have with your IMCA members selling fake items i just
want my money back. ?Anne Black the president of IMCA and your boss
also emailed all the IMCA members that she is aware of FAKE meteorites
being sold by various IMCA members one of which is Bryan Scarborough
who i had the misfortune of dealing with. ?You bringing up my IMCA
application in a public forum is?inappropriate?and i have zero respect
for you and for IMCA because you are the vice president of IMCA and
you felt the need to accuse me of lying and bring up my personal
business in public. ?You are trying to make me look bad when i have no
problem?admitting?i was removed from IMCA in 2005 for not refunding a
lost package i never once sold anything fake and i never once
misrepresented anything. ?I am currently operating under new business
policies that i am self insuring myself and i am paying for large
orders to be insured out of my own pocket. ?I would not have
re-applied to IMCA if you hadn't suggested i do so.. and to be frank
you with Jeff Kyuken i regret taking your advice because the level of
service and treatment i recieved from you and other board members was
less than standard and i have recieved better service from McDonalds.
You are aware of IMCA members who sell fake items several complaints
have been made about the legitimitacy of certain items being sold and
yet nothing has been done... I on the other hand refused to refund a
lost package and i lose my membership... how am i supposed to view
IMCA? put yourself in my shoes and especially now with the recent
dealings with Bryan Scarborough who is being investigated by private
members of the community who have quit IMCA and want to clean up the
mess of fake items being sold on the market. So i take great offence
in being accused of making this up and if i wanted to bring up the
issue i have with IMCA in regards to being treated like a second class
citizen i would of done it regardless if i got ripped off by an IMCA
member or not.. but i have integrity a word that i would not use to
describe IMCA and some of its members. I would like to apologize to
legitimate IMCA members out there as i know IMCA stands for something
great but since the Vice President of your organization wants to
accuse me of being a liar because they refused me membership i decided
to tell my side of the story. Furthermore, in regards to me not
getting my application approved this time around Anne Black your
president told me that somebody complained about the way i asked them
for a recommendation and therefore you and the rest of the baord
members discounted my 3 solid recommendations from 3 respectable
members of the community who i have done business with all of which
were surprised that i was declined... thanks for letting me have a
chance to tell my side of the story Jeff Kyuken i appreciate it.