[meteorite-list] Alt. : Free Shipping - WORLD WIDE

From: BRIAN SCHROEDER <brian_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:30:04 -0700

Hello List and all the Shippers out there .
Have Altered the TAG a bit by adding WORLD WIDE Shipping. Since the
" I " in IMCA does refer to International, and more clearly reflects
the discussion
FREE SHIPPING means FREE , regardless of location... I live by that
rule.. 18+ years of International Shipping has taught me a few things.
If you look at my auctions or contact me directly , I try to take the
confusion out of Shipping by offering Flat Rates anywhere in the
Multiverse. Always Registered, Trackable and Insured, the only way to ship.

I also buy on eBay at times, the FREE SHIPPING can be confusing to
say the least. Unless I really like what I see I never 'Contact the
Seller", to enquire about the "OUTSIDE of the WXYZ" costs ..
Next - I really get tired of having shippers sending my purchase to
Canada or Thailand , who do not take advantage of the deals USPS
offers.. They do have Flat rate Boxes , and the Seller can alter the
Sale Items to Fit these most of the time.
Now I realize that the eBay shipping Calculators and their basically
limited system is a bit of a mess. So here are a couple of Ideas.

IN THE DESCRIPTION AREA , note to the Buyers, make it Obvious and
keep it Simple please.

A. ( will lose you sales and waste time )
Contact me for shipping Costs outside of WXYZ, I would be happy to
provide you with the Best Options and Prices available.

B. ( I like this best )
1. Inside WXYZ will be $6.
2. For WXY and XYZ will be $10
3. Other countries will be $14.

C. ( Easy - BUT FREE SHIPPING means FREE )
- FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE

D. ( Simple ? )
- Free to WXYZ and $5 Shipping Anywhere else on your Planet.

Personally, I believe more eBay sales are lost due to the
USPS shipping charges and how Sellers have them set up in their eBay
listings, than any other reason. .
I just made a purchase , shipped to Thailand , Listing stated
Shipping was to be $12 a pound + $3 for each additional pound.. GREAT
, so I bit.. Received an Invoice for $48 Shipping for 6 Pounds.. Now
what to do ???
Now I received the Package , Stamp says $36.17 ?? Packing was
terrible , broken pieces ... And this seller has 100% Feedback .
800+ sales. Hmm , what next , request a refund ??
The eBay Dilemma continues , shipping settings in eBay will always be
an issue for some... Keep it simple , Offer alternatives , and be
clear please. OH , and try reading your adds at times to see if
there are any issues...

Happy Shipping
Brian S.
IMCA # 7381
http://stores.ebay.ca/AAJEWELCOM

> > I wish dealers especially on EBay wouldn't advertise "Free Shipping"
> > when it only applies to U.S.customers. The rest of us (non U. S.) get
> > hit with high shipping costs.
> >
> > Chris Spratt
> > (Via my iPhone)

This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may
contain information that is confidential and prohibited from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, Please delete
this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify me. Let's
keep the Internet Safe and Fun.