[meteorite-list] Mammoth

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:31:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Sort of like Sarah Palin, I can see the "early man" site, as we kids called the area where we found mammoth teeth and bones nearly sixty years ago, from the second floor of my house. I remember kids bringing home elephant teeth and trading them for marbles..

A number of digs have been funded in Las Vegas over the last half century and the area is now supposed to be better protected and dedicated as a historical site when the State gets some dough.

Adam is correct. There are fossils all over North Las Vegas, even within the housing subdivisions, and the folks just ATV and ride horses all over them. It's nothing to find a fossil in the Las Vegas Valley.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536