[meteorite-list] Met Science Inquiry kit, mahalos

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:12:16 -1000

Aloha listoids,

I have been developing a science inquiry activity using real meteorites over the past few years. The activity is hands-on, minds-on and targets several national and Hawaii state educational standards and benchmarks. Students observe, measure, analyze their scientific research specimens in teams, before presenting their results in a mock symposium at the end of the session. A prize (met sample for each student) for the best research is incentive, but really is not needed because most students are self motivated by the challenge.

I was in need of nice, inexpensive stony iron mets to complete my educational kits to be distributed to teachers in Alabama and Hawaii.

I'd like to publicly thank Rob Wesel of Nahkla Dog Meteorites and Eric Olson of ELKK Meteorites for providing lots of mesosiderite samples for my kit at prices that will allow me to offer them to educators at truly affordable prices.

Thanks Rob and Eric, and I know the true benefactors of your gracious actions will be the teachers and students who will use and learn from them. Mahalo nui loa, me kealoha pumehana.

Gary

Sent from Gary's iPhone