[meteorite-list] Meteorite trip report

From: Michael Mulgrew <mikestang_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:44:05 -0700

Sonny, Ruben, Erik, et al:

Considering the vast majority of hunting expeditions don't yield
anything but sore feet and empty water bottles I love to see pictures
from the field regardless of what was found.? Something I've learned
in my brief history of looking for meteorites is that if you don't
enjoy wandering aimlessly in nature for hours on end then hunting
meteorites may not be for you.? The only thing that gets me out of the
field is the sun going down; maybe I should move close to the poles so
I can enjoy more hours of daylight?? There is something so zen and
peaceful about slowly walking around staring at the ground - I enjoy
the 10th hour in the field as much as I do the 1st.? I also enjoy
sharing pictures of my (unsuccessful) trips because I have to imagine
there are others out there like me, but who are not lucky enough to
have a huge desert in their back yard they can play in every weekend.

I wish you all the best of luck and thank you for sharing your
experiences with the rest of us.
-Michael in so. Cal.