[meteorite-list] 99th year Anniversary Holbrook Hunt – A Huge Success!

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:01:32 -0700

Hi all,

I've just received the exact figures from Jim and Wendy Wooddell - who
were keeping track.

So, here are a few numbers for you to think about as I prepare a short
video about our hunt.

Over 50 people attended.

45 people hunted on Saturday.

26 people found one or more meteorites.

13 people found their first meteorite ever!

16 people found their first Holbrook meteorite ever!

19 found a good time but no meteorites. (However, everyone left with a
Holbrook meteorite.)

82 total finds and 440 grams of meteorites were found on Saturday alone!

Everyone (even if they found nothing) went home with a certificate of
participation, at least one meteorite and three hunters also left with
trophies for spectacular finds!

I hope we'll see some photos soon from Bob, Ben, Jim, Mark and others.....

I should have the video ready by tomorrow!

Thanks to all that attended and to JIM AND WENDY - for all their help!

Stay tuned!