[meteorite-list] 99th year Anniversary Holbrook Hunt – A Huge Success!

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:56:38 -0700

Hi all!

Made it back to Parker. For some reason...really tired today. Would
it be because Mark Bowling and Xu Zhang kept me up until 0130 this
morning discussing everything and anything about Fire Balls!

Anyway, compiling data and as it stands at this time:

82 total finds, total weight 439.1g for Saturday, July 16th hunt.

A new King and a new Prince of Holbrook were crowned!

One special number for me is 5! Out of 13 hunters that found their
first ever meteorite, I was able to tell 5 of them, in the field, they
found their first meteorite...and that was just awesome! Each time,
it was like remembering my first find!

My finds for 3 days totaled 46.

Ruben should have more later when I am done with report....

Great event!

Jim Wooddell