[meteorite-list] Question meteoritesaler.com

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:34:39 -0400

Hi Adam,

This looks one of those rapidly thrown-together Wordpress sites. It's
probably not even monitored by a real person. They probably have bots
scanning the web for meteorite tags and reading RSS feeds of websites
to get their prices. This doesn't explain why the prices are wrong,
but the site smells of contrivance to me.

Their network Who-Is info has been cloaked. I would wager that the
same person(s) probably have a dozen or more sites like this that are
geared towards different types of collectibles or auctions.

It is aggravating to see sites like this poaching copyright material
and damaging the market by misquoting prices.

My advice - file a complaint with their webhosting company about
improper use of copyrighted material. A reputable hosting site will
pull the site down for a TOS violation.

The DNS servers are "mediatemple.net" and the domain name was
purchased through "namecheap.com"

I can't readily tell who the host is though.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com