[meteorite-list] Lapcraft Dialaser blades for water-cooled meteorite cutting

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:32:43 -0400

Hi List,

This is just an FYI for those who cut meteorites.

Today, I received my 6th Dia-Laser meteorite blade and used it to
slice up some Oum Dreyga, and some Sudbury black onaping.

I am not going to say it is the best blade on the market, because I
have not tried every blade out there. But, out of the blades I have
tried, the Dia-Laser is the best for water-cooled cutting.

The blade is made of stainless steel and will not rust. Also, the
blade is designed specifically for water-cooled cutting applications.
For those who use small, water-cooled saws, I highly recommend this
blade.

The Dia-Laser cuts extremely well and has great longevity - I can get
hundreds of cuts from each blade before it starts to dull noticeably.

Price-wise, the Dia-Laser compares very well to the competition and is
priced right around $30 for a 6-inch blade. It's widely available on
the web at several lapidary supply websites - I order mine from the
Graves company or from Kingsley North company.

(I have no connection with Lapcraft or any of the above named companies)

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/42h79my