[meteorite-list] AD: Cheapest ever chondrites

From: Jason Phillips <jnbran_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 12:42:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hello List,
I have decided to sell off a large stock pile of meteorites with all the recent discussions of over priced $100/gram chondrites and the drying up of the Sahara material.

Some of these specimens are unclassified chondrites however, a majority of them are NWA 5196 (H5). I am selling specimens in sizes from 5 grams to 25 kg?s. NWA 5196 is a beautiful meteorite sliced, which I can provide pictures of it in close up, as well as other pictures of these specimens.

I believe these prices are cheapest ever offered for a chondrite, especially one that has been classified and with material from the Sahara drying up, as we have heard, it may be a good time to put some meteorites back for the future. Also, these would be great for star parties or giveaways and would be excellent piecing out on eBay.

1-5 kg?s- $ 5.5 cents/gram
6-20 kg?s $ 5 cents/gram
21-50 kg?s $ 4.5 cents/gram
51-99 kg?s $ 4 cents/gram
100-149 kg?s $ 3.5 cents/gram

Shipping will be USPS flat rate boxes. Cherry picking is available, but the price is $10+ cents/gram. Lots will include a mixture of small and large specimens. If you have any questions please let me know.

Take Care,
Jason Phillips
Rocks from Heaven
www.rocksfromheaven.com