[meteorite-list] Milligram Scale

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:19:58 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I have poor luck with almost everything made in China these days but you
have to look carefully for the made in China stickers in order to avoid being
taken. I just had an Igloo bar refrigerator fail in less than 8 months. After
reading the warranty carefully, I found out that only the power cord and door
handle was warrantied for life and not the rest of the refrigerator so I was out
of luck. I thought Igloos were American made but I was wrong and will never
purchase one of their products again. Almost anything I have ever purchased that
was made in China has turned out to be garbage, failing within a year or two if
you are lucky. I know somebody who almost died because the generic made in
China medications they were taking were not up to par or counterfeited.

I only purchase German, Japanese or U.S. made electronics these days if I can
find them which brings me to a good scale. It is a Japanese made Tanita. The
Tanita scale that I use is so accurate, it must be recalibrated every time you
go through an altitude change. It is so sensitive that a 50 milligram specimen
will register less weight at 500 feet than it will at sea level.

Be careful, even the Scales USA brand is made in China.

Best Regards,

Adam