[meteorite-list] Radar was: POP QUIZ answer and winner

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 05:47:13 -0700

I find the use of Doppler Radar very interesting. I downloaded all the
NOAA free stuff I could find to view Doppler from my laptop using their
archived data.
However, I can not produce the times that are specific to seeing Ash Creek.
I was going to use Ash Creek as my test to determine if I was doing things
right. I am not!
And, I contacted the Phoenix NWS and they can not help with the times.
The issue is the time. Only certain specific times are archived, so how or
where did the data come from for the specific time??? Or is this something
a person has to pay for??? Are the NOAA archives where this data is coming
from or is another radar system being used?

Any info is appreciated.

Jim Wooddell