[meteorite-list] AMAZING Item!

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 04:03:18 -0800

    It is my pleasure and honor to announce the auction will feature
An entry by Blaine Reed - you know, the guy who first brought the
Claxton mail box to the Tucson Show which later sold for $84K, the guy
Who sold Nininger's personal compass he used to track bolides...
Ya, that Blaine Reed....

        He may have outdone himself with this one:

The FIRST Monnig collection specimen (confirmed by long time
Connig collection curator, the highly regarded, Art Ehlmann of TCU).
Lot number 88 BR 1 can be seen at:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/AuctionTucson11.html

AND also has its own PAGE link - at:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/MonnigFirst.html

        I doubt it will bring $84K, but any meteorite history enthusiast
will certainly regard this specimen's historical significance as the
Mount Everest of collecting.

        Thanks, Michael

PS: I know my frequent posts recently are beyond the weekly guidelines.
I very rarely advertize on the list but many items - this one in particular,
Will be of interest to readers whether or not they can afford to bid on such
a spectacularly significant piece. Just being able to SEE such a piece of
meteorite history is a treat in itself (at least it is for me).
        Everyone's patience in this regard is much appreciated.