[meteorite-list] What's with these weird Campos?

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:46:16 -0600

They've been coming out for a few years, you can get them by the kilo at Tucson.

Basically they've "exploded" a campo through some method and then
polished/oiled the fragments lightly. Many of them have nice iron
crystal structures. They're fun pieces!

I've heard various theories on how they were "exploded", but if anyone
can shed more light on that technique, please do.

-Yinan