[meteorite-list] Meteorites 101

From: R. Chastain <suenrod_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 16:12:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the definition.
Let's see if I have this straight....

Meteoroid = in space

Meteor = The act of the previous meteoroid entering the atmosphere and producing light.

Meteorite = Meteoroid, now meteor, that landed and becomes a meteorite.

Let me muddy the waters a bit more:-)
Where does the term Bolide figure in as compared to a fireball?
I haven't found a good description of the difference.

Rod