[meteorite-list] RdDL 067 & RdDL 068 in MetBull #99

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:55:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ruben,
That definitely IS a "funny" story because it had a happy ending.
(No doubt, Paul was happier the 2nd time he found his meteorite ;-)

Thanks for sharing another one or your many meteorite-hunting anecdotes. Paul's success at Red Lake is one of those examples of a very talented metal-detectorists having no trouble making the transition to drylake hunting by eyeball-only. That's because the better hunters, like Paul, hunt with their eyes AND ears while listening to their metal detector.

Larry Atkins is another hunter that can be included in that group. I'm sure the story of his find is equally interesting, because Larry, never one to be out-done, went OFF of the dry lake to find his meteorite!
Another example of "hunt where no one else would go" like when he made his massive Holbrook find.

So many great stories...
Bob V.