[meteorite-list] Bolide over Germany

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:40:38 +0100

Yes Sir!

The bolide was caught by a fireball camera (btw. a private one run by a
meteorite collector, as it happens outside the recording time of the
European Fireball Network stations).

Now the private collectorship here is already calculating and collecting
eye- and earwitness reports
and determined already a preliminary possible dropping zone and organizes a
team for searching.

To publish the photos, data here ect. we have to leave it to the list
member, who caught the bolide and who made the calculations.

Grateful we are to live in a civilized meteorite country and not in
Australia, Argentina or South Africa,
where such efforts can't be undertaken at all and won't happen.
Naturally the chances to find the meteorite are low, but soooo much higher
than in these countries, where such droppers would remain unrecorded,
unnoticed and where nobody would try to hunt them down, because nobody is
allowed to do so, but a very few, who don't do it.

...and therefore I think, Stuttgart definitely deserves a new fall so much
more than Perth ;-)

Let's be thrilled!
Martin

(PS: Gary, it's strange, that Argentina and Poland introduced such laws,
that's atypical for mainly catholic countries. An exception to my newest
thesis, that the Bevanism could be an extreme form of Ussherism).

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----