[meteorite-list] Shattercone?

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 12:18:29 -0500

Hello List,

I found this interesting rock close to my home in Lapeer County
Michigan while walking in the woods this past September. It looks like
a shatter cone to me but I've really no experience with them. One
peculiar characteristic of the rock is that it's not smooth. All the
rocks here have been smoothed and rounded during their glacial
transport. I wonder if it's from Sudbury and was relatively close to
home so it didn't have to travel very far and didn't erode too bad?
I did a few internet searches and didn't find any reference to impact
debris being found in this area.

Any shattercone/impact experts out there?
Comments and thoughts appreciated.

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/alienrockfarm/

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins