[meteorite-list] Frederick MD meteorites? shown

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:47:05 EST

>>I like the comment that the "meteor" was slow by his standards
> clocking in at a mere 500 miles per hour and that a dragster could
almost beat
> it.<<

I haven't been following this thread, so I don't know what has been
brought up previously. I did for some reason read this one message out of
curiosity to get a pulse as to what the topic might have been about and the
statement above caught my attention. I was wondering if this guy is claiming that
he saw a meteor that was glowing when he clocked it at 500 miles per hour?
At 500 miles per hour, that would be way too slow of a speed for a meteor
to be seen at an incandescent phase. I wonder how he came about his
estimation?
GeoZay