[meteorite-list] "The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2011" now available! - (ad)

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:28:30 -0600

Collectors and meteorite dealers alike will be happy to know that the
latest edition of "The Global Meteorite Price Report - 2011" is now
available for purchase.

Coin and stamp collectors can find ready price guides for about every
coin minted or stamp ever printed.
I have worked diligently to duplicate this effort with meteorites.

No one else is doing this. In 1995 I created a consistent methodology
for determing the average price for a typical specimen of its type and
have been compiling data since, publishing and selling it beginning in
2005.

Collectors - Would you like to calculate the value of your existing
collection based on the latest dealer price listings? Do you have a
wish list of pending purchases and wonder what today's market price is
for these specimens?

Dealers - Do you want to be sure your price offerings are within the
range of your competition, neither selling too inexpensively nor too
dear?

With the Tucson Rock-and-Gem Show less than a month away, wouldn't
everyone profit by knowing the current average prices of the
meteorites they will be buying and selling?

To create extra value, I've nearly doubled the amount of different
meteorites covered from the successful 2007 report.

Additionally, historical prices from past reports are included for
trend spotting. The latest "ask prices" have been compiled by mining
nearly every dealer website available, a process that took me over one
hundred hours (kids, don't try this at home without extraordinary
patience and a large bottle of eye drops.)

Meteorites are divided by type and alphabetically for easy reference.

Here is an example of the data:

                                July, 2005 February, 2007
         September, 2008 December, 2010
IRONS
Boxhole $3.00 (3) $2.22. (2)
             $2.43 (5) $2.32 (3) -4.6%
Campo del Cielo $0.16 (4) $0.17 (5)
         $0.32 (14) $0.39 (13) +21.8%

In the above example, a "typical" Boxhole specimen in size and sold as
an individual, had an average dealer "ask price" of $3.00/gram in
July, 2005. There were three dealers selling this "typical" material.
Presently, I found three dealers selling the same "typical" material
for $2.32/gram, down -4.6% from the last survey of September, 2008.

Campo, on the other hand, has seen its price go from $0.16/gram
offered by four dealers in 2005, to an average of $0.39/gm offered by
thirteen dealers selling similar specimens. That price is up +21.8%
from the last survey of September, 2008.

About 85 different meteorites appeared in my first report in July,
2005. The 2011 report covers 185 meteorites and their permutations.
I've added price info for many more NWA's and "named" meteorites are
extensively covered. I suspect most collectors will find the present
prices for the majority of their specimens in the report.

To be clear, the first two surveys covered the mets in my collection,
about 85 names. I expanded to about 125 mets for the September, 2008
report. There is price information on 185 meteorites in this latest
2011 report - virtually everything that at least two dealers are
selling somewhere on the planet.

I accept no advertising and I am not favoring or promoting any
dealer's wares. The prices reflected are an unbiased snapshot of
today's market. Even if you thought you knew the prices already, knew
the trends in prices and popularity, you will be surprised at many of
the findings.

This eight page report has been reformatted as an Adobe pdf for easy
transmittal to your e-mailbox.

The first time I offered this report the response was good. The last
two reports were extremely well-received. This time around, following
the world's economic crisis/recovery, I believe every collector and
dealer should be intensely interested to see how and where the
meteorite market, and their collection or inventory, has been
impacted.

To purchase, please visit Paypal and my account at MARSROX at gmail.com.

Deposit US$15 and a copy "for your eyes only please" :>) will soon be
transmitted to your email account.

Don't put yourself at a competitive dis-advantage while buying or
selling. Learn today what your meteorites are worth.

Kevin Kichinka
MARSROX at gmail.com
www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com
www.LaQ-CostaRica.com