[meteorite-list] I'm curious

From: J Sinclair <john_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 20:59:22 -0500

Hi Everybody.

I haven?t posted much on the list for the last several years. When I
was active, I think there were about 800 members. Now according to
Art, there are over 1300.
Amazing.

I have a couple of questions. I have some old meteorite stock (and
some recent material too) that I want to sell.

As Sellers
How are you most successful in moving inventory? Is it by a website
or a list with ?sale? prices or is it by auction with a low opening
bid and then hoping for the best? Or, are there other options that
work well?

As Buyers
How do you most like to buy? Is it buying from a list or website with
fair (sale) prices or is it buying at auction and hoping to get a
really good deal? Or, are there any other ways that work well for
you?

I just basically want to move some inventory I?ve had stashed and I?m
pondering the best way to do it for both buyer and seller. It's not a
fire sale but I like a ?win?win? situation.

Thanks.
John Sinclair