[meteorite-list] Tucson Auction

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:24:14 -0800 (PST)

Termites are pretty fragile and only keep their wings for a short period of
time. A wing flexible test indicated that the time of death had to be near the
time of impact. A few weeks worth of drying out and the wings would have fallen
off. They were swept up with the rest of the debris at the scene. Maybe they
were buried alive under the rest of the debris. There is no doubt in my mind
the the meteorite impact caused their demise.

Best Regards,

Adam