[meteorite-list] Tucson Auction

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:44:41 -0800 (PST)

Somebody got a deal on that termite as it was nearly in pristine shape. The
last one that was partially disarticulated with starboard wing damage sold for
nearly $500.00 on eBay. There are only two complete carcasses in existence with
a few left over appendages. I imagine these will be placed in a museum
someday. Like I said before, most items only realized a fraction of what they
would have on eBay while a very few items went for more. I think there are too
many distractions for items to be bid up to near their potential.

Best Regards,

Adam