[meteorite-list] Tucson Auction

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:50:52 -0800

I have to say, John, you have a point.

Share the info publicly. Sure there will be those who don't understand
the difference between wholesale and retail, and may want to buy at
wholesale what is supposed to be retail. But if they think they'll get
wholesale pricing on a single item purchase they need a fact checking
lesson anyway.

I say to hell with convention and release the info publicly!

It was already broadcast LIVE anyway! lol

Eric

On 2/23/2011 7:38 PM, John.L.Cabassi wrote:
> G'Day Michael, List and All
> I'm a little perplexed over this statement. You've got to remember that
> this was a live auction, many people viewed it, there were a lot of
> comments made. But why are we trying to hide something here? Aren't we
> trying to be honest? Not even with the buyers, but with the public that
> view this list? We're just adding to meteorite buyers / collectors being
> corrupt. We don't need to hide anything and we don't need to give those
> that frequent these pages fire power to say that we're not legit.
>
> I'm sorry, I disagree with this whole thing. Make it be known, make it
> be public. That's the only way we're going to move forward from being
> negative. That's just my thoughts and not anyone else's. But I'm a
> little concerned about the non-transparency. Bear with me, I'm not out
> to condone anybody, but give it some thought.
>
> Cheers
> John
> IMCA # 2125

>>> 109.6g = $220-
>>> 112,5g = $225-
>>> 123.1g = $245-
>>>
>>> http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Sale.html
>>>

>>> STANNERN (Eucrite) May 22,1808 Czeck Rep.
>>> #1 = SOLD
>>> #2 = $50-
>>> #3 = $55-
>>>
>>> LIBYAN DESERT GLASS ? Huge speciem
>>> 752.3g = $1,500- SALE = $850-
>>>
>>> http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Sale.html
>>>

>>> CHANGXING China .259g = SOLD
>>>
>>> UNIDENTIFIED NWA 2,612.5g Whole Stone.
>>> 98%+ Fusion Crusted
>>> = 40c/g = $1,045 SALE = under 29c/g = $750
>>>
>>> HENBURY Nice, small specimens with character
>>> = $3/g ? sale = under $2.25/g
>>> 38.2g = $114- SALE = $85-
>>> 67.4g = $202- SALE = $150-